Thursday, January 15, 2009

GRAND CHAMPION!!

I have three nieces. They are awesome.

Alexandra is my first born niece. I absolutely love her. She is funny. She is smart. Actually...more than smart. She is intelligent. (Nothing gets by her.) She is creative. She is full of life and adventure. She is so pretty....she has these big brown eyes that look just like her Mom's (Mom is #1, who I happen to think is pretty darn pretty myself.) She is also caring, loving and a protective big sister. She is also a protective niece. The first time a boy showed up with me at my parents house, she totally gave him the cold shoulder. She didn't want to share me! Now that is love!

Alexandra has lived in Mason for all of her seven years. Growing up in Mason is a lot of things 'small town.' One of those things is the county stock show. It was this past weekend. Almost 300 animals were exhibited in the Mason County Stock Show. You can read all about it here - http://www.masoncountynews.com/news/article/10395


This was Alexandra's first year to exhibit in the stock show and, like her Daddy (when he was a little boy,) she showed a hog. Not only did she show her hog, Bud, but she won first place in her class. And....not only did she win first place in her class, but she won GRAND CHAMPION!

For you city folk who don't quite understand what that means, all the first place hogs of each class were judged against each other and Bud and Alexandra won the whole kit and caboodle! 1st place of all the 1st places!

I am sooo proud of Alexandra! It's quite the accomplishment. Especially for a first grader and for her very first time exhibiting an animal in the stock show!

Good job, AC! I am so proud of you and love you to pieces!!

Alexandra, Bud the Grand Champion and Buds' Buyers.


2 comments:

  1. COOL! That is one good-looking pig fo sho. Did you know my Dad used to show pigs?

    Ummm...I need you come to see us ASAP.

    Love You!!!!!

    And Congrats, Alexandra :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS Alexandra. That is so impressive. I can't believe she has already won grand champion. My biggest accomplishment in first grade was excellent penmenship and coloring in the lines.

    ReplyDelete