Friday, February 13, 2009

$1,264

My latest accomplishment. $85 parking ticket.

I'm no stranger to the florescent orange envelope on the windshield that these rip-proof, tear-proof, weather-proof, coffee-stain proof parking tickets are so lovingly delivered in. But, eighty-five dollars? Parking tickets are typically $20 - $40. My Boston Bud used to tell me that Boston should name a street after me for all the money I've given them.

Do you hear that, Boston? Name a street after me already!

Just for fun, I added up my parking tickets and tow fees I've paid since moving to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. (Keep in mind, these are just the charges pulled from auditable records I maintain (because, according to my Mom, I'm a packrat. Others might think it's because I'm an accountant. To each their own...))

One thousand. Two hundred. Sixty. Four. Dollars.

Ugh...

4 comments:

  1. Looks like there is a Megan Circle in Clinton, MA. Is that named for you??? I searched on google maps and that is all I could find in a quick search. Thought it looks like you might have visited NH, as they have tons of streets named after you. No Toones though. It just pulled up a street view of Toone, TN when I input "Toone". Oh the memories from our TN trip. "I'm a Toone from Texas".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! There goes a plane ticket or two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think about all the toys you could have bought Stella with that money. It's a cryin' shame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But you didn't add up what it would have cost to pay for a garage parking spot in Boston for the last 3 years.... I think your still coming out ahead!

    ReplyDelete