Monday, February 9, 2009

Ice Fishin'

"Sometimes when I'm sitting here, I can hear the lake moving underneath me. My husband tells me it's just the lake making ice, but I don't believe him."
Crystal the Ice Fisherwoman


On Katie and my drive out to the Berkshires in Western Massachusetts, we passed a lake with ice fishers. Being from the south, the entire concept of "ice fishing" is about as foreign as understanding why Europeans don't wear deoderant. So we stopped. It's hard to believe, but the following pictures are photographed on a frozen lake. 2 feet frozen according to Crystal's dad.


Here is Katie with Crystal's dad, Crystal and Crystal's husband. And their rainbow trout they caught. They had been on the lake since 3am!


They had all sorts of gear. More than I could ever remember to pack. Here, Katie and I warm our hands by the fire. Notice how everyone else is completely bundled up and I'm wearing a long sleeve t-shirt and fleece pants. Yay, I'm tough....or something.

Here I am bringing back my signature move from Argentina.
I resemble a figure skater. Must be my grace.



Here is Katie after she tried to copy my signature move. Please donate to her triathalon. She's going to need it for the bike event. http://pages.teamintraining.org/tn/gctri09/kstegall



How cute is this little man?



He demonstrated how the hole driller machine worked and then let Katie give it a shot.

Katie's job well done.

After all this, we were really cold, so we ran back to the warm car and continued on our way to the spa...

2 comments:

  1. It's a bird! It's a plane!!! ...Its's some girl from Texas wearing a fleece on a giant block of ice???

    ReplyDelete