Saturday, March 28, 2009

...and then there were four.

Alexandra, Kambree and Eliza with baby Kanyon.

Oh, little Kanyon. I think you and Uncle Logan need to have a heart to heart. He grew up with three (amazing, might I add) older sisters and look how well he turned out. You are just as blessed to have an older sister and two older cousins who already love you so much their little 7 year old and 3 year old hearts can't understand it.


No doubt they will want to paint your fingernails and toenails. It's OK. Logan actually liked it and would ask for "color" on his fingernails. Our Dad, your Paw Paw, did not like that one bit.


Your big sister and cousins like to play dress up, too. Before you are potty trained, they will probably make you play dress up. I am sure you will end up in a dress. This, too, is okay. I have pictures of Logan in my "Aggie dress" and he has jewelry on and he's smiling for the camera. (Paw Paw didn't like this either but I still have the pictures in a secret place!)


These sweet little girls will also pick on you. You see, Kanyon, for the first 15 years of your life, the girls will always be bigger than you and older than you and smarter than you. They will take advantage of this situtation. I know this because I have two older sisters. But you are a boy! And you have some good boy genes. Just look at your Paw Paw's and all your uncles. They are BIG and TALL men! Your dad, too. You, too, will be big and tall. And these girls won't pick on you anymore. Ask Uncle Logan - it's now me running from him when I come home. He's much, much bigger than me.


There is one thing Kambree, Alexandra and Eliza will do. And I can promise you this - - they will never stop doing it. They will love you. They will love you everday for the rest of your life. They will teach you the ABC song, how to color in the lines, how to tie your shoe and how to ride a 4-wheeler. They will stick up for you when some other kid isn't nice to you or when Mom and Dad are being too hard on you. Sometimes, they will probably even let you hang out with them and their friends.


Girls know how to love. You have one big sister and two cousins who are in love with you, sweet baby Kanyon.

No comments:

Post a Comment