Monday, March 9, 2009

Let the Party Begin!


...no, not the Barbie party. The big ol' Saint Patrick's party. Let me tell you, people, it last FOR-EV-ER. Longer than FOR-EV-ER if you live in South Boston.


The year I moved here, people kept talking about "St. Patty's Day this" and "St. Patty's Day that" and "it's so much fun" and "you have to be in Southie on Sunday" and "blah blah blah." It was like everyone was celebrating their 21st birthday on the.exact.same.day.


It did not disappoint. The entire weekend was madness. My college girlfriend, Melissa, came in from New York for the festivities. We went out Friday night. We went out Saturday night. We spent all day Sunday in Southie and stayed out late on Sunday. As in really late. As in past my bedtime late. I went to work Monday morning. The commute reminded me of a Saturday morning in the Financial District (ie: ghost town.) I went to lunch Monday with the four people who actually showed up to work. Yes, it was legendary.


Well, friends, the week long celebration has already started.


Exhibit 1: Friday night at the St. Patty's Day Festival at the Harpoon Brewery in South Boston.
(if you can't find me it's because my green was camo. Be sure to read the cap...a little shout-out to Old Yeller. It was the first time out of the gate for this cap. Still a little stiff here.)

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hear how much fun your weekend will be with all of the St. Paddy's celebrating...I saw the Barbie thing on the news last night.

    ReplyDelete