Friday, March 13, 2009

Congratulations Mrs. Toone's Class!

Mason, Texas. Population 2,134. Or at least that is what the city limit signs say. Fridays, Sundays and Wednesdays are all very important days in Mason, Texas.

Fridays are high-school football games.
On Sundays we go to church.
And on Wednesdays, our weekly paper, The Mason County News, comes out.

The Mason County News is filled with everything that happened during the past week. How the high-school athletic teams competed, who got engaged, who had a baby, who killed the biggest buck that week, what 6 year old killed their first buck, community events, local fundraisers, birthdays, anniversaries, obituaries....the usual.

When I went to college, my Dad got me a subscription to the Mason County News. It would arrive in Lubbock on a Friday and I would catch up with my small town happenings. The subscription followed me to Dallas for another three years. Unfortunately, the paper didn't know how to swim, so it didn't make it across the ocean to Tokyo.

Years later in Boston, I still follow the Mason County News....online. Yep! Mason, Texas population 2,134 has the eeen-ter-net. Every Wednesday, I log on to check out the local happenings.

Surprise, surprise! Guess who made the paper this week? Good ol' Momma! Click here and read why -
http://www.masoncountynews.com/news/article/13443

And just in case you're interested in the happenings of a small town in the hill country of Texas, here is the link. Wednesday is the day.
http://www.masoncountynews.com/

1 comment:

  1. Yes, my kindergartenn class was the proud winner of the "ice cream sundae party" for collecting the most BoxTops for Education points during a six weeks period! My little guys were soooo excited! Here's a shout out to any of you blog readers that have BoxTops that you are not using (they are on many products)--our school is having another contest so you can send BoxTops for my class to Mason Elementary School, ATTN: Mrs. Toone's Class, 911 College Street, Mason, TX 76856. Each BoxTop earns 10 cents for our school! Thanks in advance for your help!

    ReplyDelete