Thursday, March 5, 2009

Happy 50th Birthday, Barbie!

Boston.com put together a nifty little slide show of the progression of a girls' favorite childhood doll - Barbie. Although her measurements can not be anatomically correct for a living human being (I heard that once....), there are some interesting facts included about her plastic surgery over the years, her friends, siblings and even her relationship with Ken.

http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/fashion/gallery/barbie2009/

I hope I look as good as Barbie at 50!

ps: that's just 20 more years...

2 comments:

  1. Barbie has come a long way over 50 years! And to think I had an original Barbie that I gave to Good Will when your oldest sister didn't want to play with her because she looked "funny". I think it was the heavy blue eye shadow and the hair that wasn't "with it" any more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is "Rapper Barbie." Her big gold chain and medallion shows off her serious street cred.

    ReplyDelete